Welcome everyone to Sod and Seed, Inc.'s list of considerations on what to look for when installing or remodeling a lawn in San Francisco County. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comment area provided below, no registration is required.
List of Considerations for Lawn Work in San Francisco
These are many but not all important considerations to make when working on a lawn project in San Francisco. Additional considerations should be made based upon the conditions and work planned for each individual property, and will likely vary.
- Location and Accessibility: San Francisco County is a complicated area to navigate. Deliveries into San Francisco can take a little longer due to the fact it takes hours to get a semi truck or one of our smaller trucks in and out of the large island city, however we do provide FREE delivery! San Francisco
- Encumbrance Permit: County might also need an encumbrance permit if taking up large amounts of space for more than a couple of hours, such as for lawn installation or larger renovation work. If you have a large area, or you do not have a standard driveway, you might need this permit for a day or two. This is a consideration to make for lawn installations and larger projects, and not to be mistaken for irrigation work or electrical work involved in some sprinkler systems.
- City guidelines for property work: We always recommend you check with your city whenever working on a property, as they will outline safety guidelines and protocols to follow.
- 811: If you are digging or trenching as part of the project, we always recommend contacting 811. This is a public service that will come out and mark the gas, water, electric, and/or cable lines in front of your property and through your lawn areas to ensure you do not hit any old lines while working.
- Water Main Shut-Off Valve: Always locate your water main shut-off valve prior to starting work. Whenever digging or doing other types of work, this can save you big time in case of a renovation emergency.
Recommended Sod Types for San Francisco
While every area should be matched with a sod type that would best suit those specific conditions, there are general recommendations that we have learned are true because of specific factors such as sunlight and shade exposure and foot traffic. Here they are!
Thank you for reading our blog on San Francisco lawns! Check out our DIY Prep and Install Blog: http://bayareasodandseed.c-om/how-to-install/ for guidance on how to install a lawn yourself. This blog can also be a great resource to keep at hand if you have a team doing the work, in order to note if proper steps are being taken. As always, feel free to give us a call with any questions or if you want help placing an order at 925-435-7874! We hope to hear from you soon!
Share this post
- 7 comments
- Tags: bermuda, bermuda grass, bermudagrass, best grass seed, best lawn for sf, best sod, buy now, buy online, cost of sod, grass delivery, grass farm near me, grass pricing, grass ratings, grass seed, grass seed delvery, grass seed for sale, grass seed near me, grass sod, ground cover, lawn near me, native grass, native grass seed, native sod, new sod tips, news, online sales, organic sod, pricing lawn materials, San Francisco lawn, San Francisco lawn delivery, San Francisco sod, SF, SF sod, shade, sod, Sod and Seed, sod and seed questions, sod blog, sod cost, Sod delivery, sod delivery and installation, sod farm, sod farm near me, sod for sale, sod installation, sod installs, sod lawn, sod lawn store, sod near me, sod prices, sod pricing, sod ratings, sod reviews, sod sold online, tall 9010, tips for sod, Turf delivery, where to buy sod, working on sod